Call for Nominations for SRIBD International Postdoctoral Fellowship of 2020
In 2020, Shenzhen Research Institute of Big Data (SRIBD) will elect up to 10 individuals to fill vacancies on SRIBD International Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) to support postdoctoral researchers jointly at a leading oversea university and SRIBD. The duration of the fellowship ranges from one to three years and each PDF shall be granted with an annual support of RMB 500,000 including annual salary, medical insurance and travel support.
- The PDF is required to have at least two supervisors, one from a leading overseas university (who preferably also holds a fractional appointment at SRIBD) and one from SRIBD.
- In principle, the PDF spends half time overseas and half time in Shenzhen.
- The SRIBD International Postdoctoral Fellowship covers the full cost of the overseas stay, including the salary and medical insurance, up to 500K RMB per year.
- The PDF performance will be reviewed annually by SRIBD to determine the continuation of the support.
- SRIBD should be the first affiliation in papers and patents produced from the sponsored PDFs.
Required Supporting Documentation
- Candidate’s resume;
- One-page bio of the proposed supervisors (one from overseas, one from SRIBD);
- A letter of support from the overseas supervisor (stating explicitly the willingness to host and supervise the candidate as a PDF);
- A brief research plan(less than two pages);
- Two to four recommendation letters (including the supporting letter from the overseas supervisor) which should be sent to the designated e-mail address below.
Nominations are welcome from faculties at CUHKSZ and SRIBD, and should be submitted to the Selection Committee via e-mail at email@example.com. The nomination is open across the whole year. The Selection Committee will review all nominations received to determine the awarding of the International Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Please contact Ms. Nancy LIN at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.