Research Scientist of SICIAM
Assistant Professor of CUHKSZ
B.S. (Sichuan University)
Ph.D. (The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology)
Computational fluid dynamics, computational material science, image processing, optimization, machine learning
Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Dong Wang is an Assistant Professor in the School of Science and Engineering at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen. He has broad interests in analytical and computational methods for problems in applied mathematics, especially in computational fluid dynamics, computational material science, image processing, optimization and machine learning.
After receiving his Bachelor degree in Mathematics from Sichuan University in 2013, Dong earned his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2017. Before moving to CUHK(SZ), he was an Assistant Professor Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Utah.
- Dong Wang, An efficient unconditionally stable method for computing Dirichlet partitions in arbitrary domains, to appear in SIAM J. Sci. Comput., 2022.
- Dong Wang* and Xiao-Ping Wang, The iterative convolution-thresholding method (ICTM) for image segmentation, Pattern Recognit., 130, 108794, 2022.
- Wei Hu, Dong Wang, and Xiao-Ping Wang, An efficient iterative method for the formulation of flow networks, Commun. Comput. Phys., 31, pp. 1317-1340， 2022.
- Ruijian Han, Braxton Osting, Dong Wang, and Yiming Xu, Probabilistic methods for approximate archetypal analysis, Information and Inference: A Journal of the IMA, iaac008, 2022.
- Huangxin Chen, Haitao Leng, Dong Wang, and Xiao-Ping Wang*, An efficient threshold dynamics method for topology optimization for fluids, CSIAM Trans. Appl. Math., 3, pp. 26-56, 2022.
- Haitao Leng, Dong Wang, Huangxin Chen, and Xiao-Ping Wang*, An iterative thresholding method for topology optimization for the Navier-Stokes flow, Recent Advances in Industrial and Applied Mathematics. SEMA SIMAI Springer Series, vol 1. Springer, Cham., 2022.
- Jun Ma, Dong Wang*, Xiao-Ping Wang, and Xiaoping Yang*, A characteristic function-based algorithm for geodesic active contours , SIAM J. Imaging Sci. Vol 14, No.3, 1184-1205, 2021.
- Zhiyong Luo+, Dong Wang+, Kai-Xuan Chen, Lingqi Huang, Xiangyang Liu, Qi Zhang, He Zhu*, Shiping Zhu*, Metal Oxy-hydroxides with a hierarchical and hollow structure for highly efficient solar-thermal water evaporation , ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2021, 13, 23, 27726–27733. ([+]: Co-first authors)
- Dong Wang*, An efficient iterative method for reconstructing surface from point clouds , J. Sci. Comput., 87：38, 2021.
- Braxton Osting*, Dong Wang, Yiming Xu, and Dominique Zosso, Consistency of Archetypal Analysis, SIAM J. Math. Data Sci., 3(1), 1–30,2021.
- Braxton Osting* and Dong Wang, A diffusion generated motion for orthogonal matrix-valued fields, Math. Comp. 89, 515-550, 2020.
- Braxton Osting* and Dong Wang, Diffusion generated methods for denoising target-valued images, AIMS Inverse Probl. Imag., 14(2): 205-232, 2020.
- Dong Wang*, Shidong Jiang, and Xiao-Ping Wang, An efficient boundary integral scheme for the threshold dynamics method II: applications to wetting dynamics, J. Sci. Comput., 81(3), 1860-1881, 2019.
- Dong Wang, Braxton Osting*, and Xiao-Ping Wang, Interface dynamics for an Allen-Cahn-type equation governing a matrix-valued field, Multiscale Model. Sim., 17(4), 12521273, 2019.
- Dong Wang, Andrej Cherkaev, and Braxton Osting*, Dynamics and stationary configurations of heterogeneous foams, PLoS ONE 14(4): e0215836, 2019.
- Dong Wang, Xiao-Ping Wang*, and Xianmin Xu, An improved threshold dynamics method for wetting dynamics, J. Comput. Phys., 392, 291–310, 2019.
- Dong Wang and Braxton Osting*, A diffusion generated method for computing Dirichlet partitions, J. Comput. Appl. Math., 351, 302–316, 2019.
- Shidong Jiang*, Dong Wang, and Xiao-Ping Wang, An efficient boundary integral scheme for the MBO threshold dynamics method via NUFFT, J. Sci. Comput., 74(1), 474–490, 2018.
- Dong Wang, Haohan Li, Xiaoyu Wei, and Xiao-Ping Wang*, An efficient iterative thresholding method for image segmentation, J. Comput. Phys., 350, 657–667, 2017.
- Dong Wang, Xiao-Ping Wang*, and Yaguang Wang, The dynamics of three-phase triple junction and contact line, SIAM J. Appl. Math., 77(5), 1805–1826, 2017.
- Xianmin Xu, Dong Wang, and Xiao-Ping Wang*, An efficient threshold dynamics method for wetting on rough surfaces, J. Comput. Phys., 330, 510–528, 2017.