SRIBD Research Scientist
Speech processing, Speaker recognition, Voice conversion and Speech synthesis
PhD, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
BSc, Northwestern Polytechnical University
Dr. Shuai Wang obtained his Ph.D. degree in Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2020 and his B.Sc. degree in Northwestern Polytechnical University in 2014. In October 2020, he joined Tencent as a senior researcher, focusing on the research and applications of intelligent speech for Games. In May 2023, Dr. Shuai Wang joined Shenzhen Research Institute of Big Data (SRIBD). He has published more than 40 papers on the well-known conferences and journals in the speech area, including INTERSPEECH, ICASSP, TASLP etc. He also serves as a regular reviewer for these conferences and journals. Dr. Shuai Wang is the winner of several international competitions such as VoxCeleb Challenge 2019 and DIHARD Challenge 2019.
• Shuai Wang, Yexin Yang, Zhanghao Wu, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. Data Augmentation using Deep Generative Models for Embedding based Speaker Verification. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing 2020 • Shuai Wang, Zili Huang, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. Discriminative Neural Embedding Learning for Short-Duration Text-Independent Speaker Verification. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing 2019
• Heinrich Dinkel, Shuai Wang, Xuenan Xu, Mengyue Wu, Kai Yu. Voice activity detection in the wild: A data-driven approach using teacher-student training. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing 2021
• Yanmin Qian, Zhengyang Chen, Shuai Wang. Audio-Visual Deep Neural Network for Robust Person Verification. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing 2021
• Hongji Wang, Chengdong Liang, Shuai Wang*, Zhengyang Chen, Binbin Zhang, Xu Xiang, Yanlei Deng, Yanmin Qian. Wespeaker: A Research and Production oriented Speaker Embedding Learning Toolkit. ICASSP 2023 (*Corresponding author)
• Aiwen Deng, Shuai Wang*, Wenxiong Kang, Feiqi Deng. On the Importance of Different Frequency Bins for Speaker Verification. ICASSP 2022 (*Corresponding author)
• Shuai Wang, Yexin Yang, Yanmin Qian, Kai Yu. Revisiting the Statistics Pooling Layer in Deep Speaker Embedding Learning. ISCSLP 2021
• Shuai Wang*, Yexin Yang*, Xun Gong, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. Text adaptation for speaker verification with speaker-text factorized embeddings. (* Joint First Author) ICASSP 2020
• Shuai Wang, Johan Rohdin, Oldřich Plchot, Lukáš Burget, Kai Yu and Jan Černocký. Investigation of SpecAugment for deep speaker embedding learning. ICASSP 2020
• Shuai Wang, Johan Rohdin, Lukáš Burget, Oldřich Plchot, Yanmin Qian, Kai Yu and Jan Černocký. On the Usage of Phonetic Information for Text-independent Speaker Embedding Extraction. Interspeech 2019.
• Hossein Zeinali, Shuai Wang, Anna Silnova, Pavel Matějka, Oldřich Plchot. BUT System Description to VoxCeleb Speaker Recognition Challenge 2019
• Shuai Wang, Yexin Yang, Tianzhe Wang, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. Knowledge Distillation for Small Foot-print Deep Speaker Embedding. ICASSP 2019.
• Shuai Wang*, Zili Huang* and Kai Yu. Angular Softmax for Short-Duration Text-independent Speaker Verification. (* Joint First Author) Interspeech 2018
• Shuai Wang, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. Focal KL-Divergence based Dilated Convolutional Neural Networks for Cochannel Speaker Identification. ICASSP 2018 (IEEE Ganesh N. Ramaswamy Memorial Award)
• Shuai Wang, Yanmin Qian and Kai Yu. What Does the Speaker Embedding Encode? Interspeech 2017